[G4] A new subject!

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Thu Jun 21 12:09:21 PDT 2007

Brett Caven wrote:
> When I received this on Apple Mail it appeared in the same "thread" as
> the last message titled "[G4] English" as well as two others from today
> both being "[G4] Re: Lowendmac List Mom..." So when you change the
> subject it doesn't always change the overall subject. I think the way to
> solve it is to *not* click the "Reply" button.
> ---
> -Brett

Yes, that's true.
Whether it's good or bad is in the reader's eyes.
Most don't mind if it's in the same thread, so long as they are given a
clue as to the real subject the message addresses.

Messages usually have hidden 'markers' that are like street addresses.
All answers go to the original address, regardless of what the Subject
line says. Just like the mailman will usually deliver mail to your home
address' mailbox, even if the envelope is addressed to June Haver or
Molly Picon!

So, just as you suspect, if you want your message to stand along, you
have to start with a blank message window, and type in all the pertinent
information you need. Then it WILL post all alone, starting a new thread
all of it's own.

keith whaley