[G4] Mac Classic Environment

O'Brien obgraph at hiwaay.net
Mon Mar 5 09:34:01 PST 2007

>>> But others like installing aps are eluding me... eg I've downloaded
>>> Firefox and double-clicked on the file to install it but it doesn't
>>> do what I expect it to do... install on the drive...

I don't know what you expect to happen, but what should happen is that when you double-click on the Firefox .dmg file that you've download a window opens which contains the Firefox icon. You *drag* the icon from that window to your system apps folder. It isn't *required* that you drag it to the apps folder -- actually, you can drag it to any location where you want want to keep it.

That's all.

O'Brien