[G4] Re: ejected disk

Margaret Krakowiak imago at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 9 08:37:43 PST 2007

Thanks John B and Ralph and John S for your replies
to my problem, which after I posted I calmed down enough
to think of opening disk utility myself, and discovered the
mounting thing.

And John S, it was kind of interesting, what
you said about the total disk ejecting. When I accidentally
dragged my "precious" (that's its name) partition to the trash,
I got a message saying it was in use and couldn't be ejected -
right before it disappeared. I might add that it's a partition of
the drive I was booted from, though not one with any system
on it. When I opened disk utility my "precious" partition was greyed
out,
as were the other 2 I have, and DU said they were not mounted.
The partition with X on it however was not greyed out. And, the
other 2 still showed up on my desktop. Anyway, I would think that
no way could you eject the partition you were booted from, but
I guess you can eject other partitions. The main thing is that now
I know they're just unmounted, not somehow deleted, which is what
I had thought at first in my panic.

margaret