[G4] Re: Mac Classic Environment

Fabian Fang ftf at mac.com
Fri Mar 9 09:47:40 PST 2007

On Mar 9, 2007, at 8:40 AM, Celia Lawton-Livingstone wrote:

> But I'm having trouble getting OS X to print properly on the shared
> windows printer.  It's an HP Deskjet 940c and the driver doesn't
> seem to be in the package on my restore discs.  I've tried using
> the nearest driver to it but all I get is the printer spitting out
> loads of empty pages and then a lot of gobbledegook. :(
>
> So if anyone knows where I can find the driver or knows of an
> alternative that works I'd be eternally grateful.  I've had no luck
> so far trying to locate it.

The printer driver package included with OS 10.4 (Tiger) does not
cover certain HP printers.  For my relatively old Photosmart 7350, I
had to download its OS X driver from the HP website.  Have you tried
this driver:
<http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?
os=219&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=59129&lang=en>

Fabian