[G4] Help with USA-28X Pin Assignments

Richard Kriss rmkriss at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 13 17:15:04 PDT 2007

I could use some help the definition of the pin coming out of the Keyspan
USA-28X USB/Serial adapter.  The 28X that I have has been replaced by the
newer 28xg

http://www.keyspan.com/products/usa28xg/homepage.2.specs.spml

and there is NO definition on the Keyspan web page.  I sent three email
messages and they have not responded.

The reason I need to know the pin assignments is I cannot find a cable to go
between mm G4 AGP 1GHz via the USA-28X with a Mini 8 DIN and my Kenwood
TS-570 ham radio that has a DB-9 RS-232 connector.

I tried a Newton to PC cable.  It mated okay but did not work. I  tried
Fry's and several cable places and they all thought I was crazy asking for a
Mini 8 to DB-9.

My plan is to take an old Mini 8 straight through cable that came with a Mac
A/B switch and cut off one end and replace it with a DB-9.  I know what the
Kenwood expects from the DB-25.  I am clueless on the specs for the 8 pins
coming out of the USA-28X.

Any help will be appreciated.

Dick