[G4] Issues with my lucky find on saint patricks day.

Brandon Sternburg happyhlaut at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 18 11:29:34 PDT 2007

I found one of those dusty old g4 gems lying in
someones basement. it's a family number M5183 g4
sawtooth. it is quite the beefy system already with
all the ram slots full, two hard drives, a dvd writer
and what appears to potentially be a third party G4
upgrade. (maybe 1ghz) I wish i knew more but my issue
is that it is not giving signal to the monitor!!

The machine starts up with a green light in front(not
sure if this is the average color) it makes the start
up tone and it sounds as it it's running perfectly.
But for some reason the video is not making it to the
monitor (which stinks because a massive 21' studio
display came with this thing.) I have also noticed
there is no power making it to the keyboard and mouse
either until sometimes after startup which means i
can't zap the pram or do any other keyboard combos to
mess with it.

What i've done so far was to repace the video card
with a newer model ati agp but no help. I've hit the
internal NVram button and also no change still cannot
power the mouse and keyboard ut strangely the power
button does start it up but after the tone everything
goes lame.

anyone have any suggestions?!?