[G4] SCSI card in my G4?

Eric Hall jester_123 at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 13:33:23 PDT 2007

Thank you. I finally opened the case and took a look as well. It's 50 pin, which would be fast, narrow SCSI. Not many drives around for that. Most drives now are 68 or 80 pin.  I guess I'll just leave it in since I don't have one of those little slot covers. I appreciate this info, I didn't know there was a database of pci vendors online.

 Eric

Harry Freeman <harry at gifutiger.com> wrote: Greetings ( + )!( + )

To see the Vendor ID: 0x9004, see
http://www.pcidatabase.com/vendors.php?sort=id
When you get there click on the vendor's name which will then take you
to the other information that you have listed.

On May 9, 2007, at 6:13 AM, Eric Hall wrote:

> I got my G4 from one of the used vendors on lowendmac. Being still
> mostly new to Macs, I'm still figuring out what I have. In the system
> profile, I see this:
>
> pci9004,7850:
>
>   Type:    SCSI Bus Controller
>   Bus:    PCI
>   Slot:    SLOT-B
>   Vendor ID:    0x9004
>   Device ID:    0x5078
>   Subsystem Vendor ID:    0x9004
>   Subsystem ID:    0x7850
>   Revision ID:    0x0003
>
> Does this mean that there is a SCSI controller installed? I know there
> is some kind of card there, but I'm not sure what it is. Is there any
> way I can get more information from the system?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Eric

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff: