[G4] Powerlogix problem or Display card?

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Mon May 14 08:41:01 PDT 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

Tom, can you change the speed on your Powerlogix processor to a slower
speed to see if your RAM is having a problem at the 1.6Ghz level.
If this solves the problem then it's either your Powerlogix processor
or you one of your RAM sticks.

Next, assuming that you are either running 10.3.9 or 10.4.x can you
login as another user, one that isn't running any applications other
than the 10.x.x base.
If this helps then you have applications that are in conflict.

On May 14, 2007, at 6:12 AM, Thomas J. Fobia wrote:

>  Hello all,
>
>      I have recently been getting a verticle screen (as my computer
> locks up) and can only recover by rebooting! Its happened with several
> programs (Netscape, Safari, PSCS2, ect.) Im using a powerlogix 1.6Ghz
> with 1.75 GB ram. The display card is a ATI 8500. Anybody run across
> this problem before? Here the link to a photo of my Dell Monitor
> screen! :
>
>   http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r91/tom578/100_2102sm.jpg
>
>  Any suggestion would be appreciated!
>
>  Thanks
>
>  Tom

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC