[G4] Re: G4 upgrade problem, can't boot into 10.4

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Fri May 18 12:21:25 PDT 2007

On 05/18/07, Harry Freeman <harry at gifutiger.com> wrote:

> However with my system when I want to switch to 9.2.2 I have to
> start-up for the 9.2 CD before I can switch to the 9.2.2 which on a
> partition on my second drive.

Very strange behavior. My G4 has two partitioned internal HDs (partitions =
volumes). There are volumes with various flavors of Panther, Tiger, and OS 9 on
them. System Preferences->Startup Disk can select any of those and clicking on
Restart boots into the appropriate volume. I've never had to startup with an OS
9 CD before switching.