[G4] Re: G4 upgrade problem, can't boot into 10.4

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Fri May 18 14:05:35 PDT 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

John thanks of the reply, what I'd forgotten to mention is that if I
change my monitor's resolution from 1280x960 at 60Hz to say 640x480at
85Hz before trying to switch from 10.3.9 to 9.2.2 everything goes okay.
If I don't change the screen resolution when the OS 9.2.2 loads it will
load with the 640x480 resolution and after it loads and tries to switch
back to the 1280x960 60Hz is when the platform gets locked-up.

I'm sorry for not including all of the detail in my first posting. My
Monitor is a ViewSonic 17"

On May 18, 2007, at 12:21 PM, John Baltutis wrote:

> On 05/18/07, Harry Freeman <harry at gifutiger.com> wrote:
>>
>> However with my system when I want to switch to 9.2.2 I have to
>> start-up for the 9.2 CD before I can switch to the 9.2.2 which on a
>> partition on my second drive.
>
> Very strange behavior. My G4 has two partitioned internal HDs
> (partitions =
> volumes). There are volumes with various flavors of Panther, Tiger,
> and OS 9 on
> them. System Preferences->Startup Disk can select any of those and
> clicking on
> Restart boots into the appropriate volume. I've never had to startup
> with an OS
> 9 CD before switching.

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC