[G4] G4 as a file server?

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 12:16:00 PDT 2007

I have a mixed PC mac home network. Currently, a W2000
PC serves as file and print server but I'd like to
phase that out and replace it with a Gigabit G4. This
I have setup with a smallish boot drive and two 180Gb
SATA drives (mirrored) hooked to a Sonnet Tempo PCI
card.

Under Tiger, I have set up a "guest' account for
everybody to log in as, but whne I log in I can't see
the SATA drives. What do I have to do to allow others
to r/w files on the 180Gb mirror?

Should I be looking for   osx server s/w?

John