[G4] G4 as a file server?

Doug Burton mdd867x2 at roadrunner.com
Sat May 26 06:16:41 PDT 2007

Yep, Sharepoints works great as I have my file sever set up in a PC/Mac
network on a 350 Mhz B&W.  Like John, I have a small boot drive with a
PCI IDE card driving a pair of 120 Mb Seagate HD's.  I use Chronosync
to keep a backup from one drive to the other.  I've wondered how much
of an increase in speed I would get from upgrading to the Gigabit G4?
RIght now my B&W keeps up with serving MP3's on the network, so I don't
know if it would be worth the cost to upgrade.

Just a message from Doug...