[G4] Buying RAM

jonseward at mindspring.com jonseward at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 13 03:59:38 PST 2007

Hi Charles,

Take a look at Ramseeker.com.

As long as all the specs match up, it should work fine.  It doesn't need to
come from Apple.  However, some Macs
require higher toleranced RAM to operate properly, so make sure it's the
right flavor.

Depending on your Mac and the RAM, poorly specced RAM can cause no
problems, flaky and erratic performance, or
total inability to boot.  Problems should resolve when you remove the
inappropriate RAM.

Lower speed RAM will work, but will degrade the performance of any/all
higher speed RAM.  This is likely trivial for
most users.

HTH,

jon