[G4] Hard drive installation problem

Kenneth Smith kdorpat at suddenlink.net
Tue Nov 27 12:58:35 PST 2007

Harry,

I didn't install any card;  I simply installed the new drive per an
instructional video that I found on the OWC site where I purchased
the drive.  The unused wide cable that was provided under the
mounting tray had two sets of connections to accommodate installation
of two drives in the tray.  I put the drive in the tray, replaced the
tray, installed one set of the cable connections, inserted the OS X
disk, selected the new drive to install OS X, installed the OS,
selected the new drive as the startup disk, rebooted, formatted the
other two old disks, and other than the formatting issue and the
slightly longer startup, everything has been working fine.

Thanks again, Kenneth/Floy