[G4] Setting Monitor Resolution

Thomas Brooks mos125 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 29 16:03:39 PST 2007

I recently installed an ATI Radeon 9800 Mac Pro graphics card in my G4.
I have Acer 22" monitor. My plan is to upgrade to Tiger or Leopard
soon.

I know very little about graphics or displays. When I set the monitor
resolution to 1680 x 1050, 60 Hz, Millions everything seems to work
fine. When I set the resolution to 1920 x 1080, 60 Hz, Millions the
desktop extends right and left and top and bottom outside the display.
What gives? Is there some way to adjust this. I know this is basic but
I need a place to start.

TIA

Tom Brooks