[G4] Booting MDD G4 to OS 9.2- SUCCESS!

jonny g4 at salemoregon.com
Tue Oct 2 23:21:42 PDT 2007

THANK YOU to J. R. & Eric for pointing the way!

FYI, the Process:

I reformatted & partitioned Drive "B".  One partition for OS 9 set @
100 GB.  (Thanks for the crucial bit of information that it should
not exceed 128 GB, J.R.).  I installed Panther on it, then booted to
it.  Then I used the original "Restore" discs that came with the
machine (Thanks, Eric) to put OS 9.2 in place (must be booted to the
destination drive to install).

Restarted to my primary HD "A".  System Preferences, Startup
Disk...AND, there it was: OS 9 on the "B" HD partition.  I selected
it, restarted, and it worked like a charm.  Rebooted to the correct
drive in OS 9.2.

I've got preferences, control panels, extensions, applications to
configure...but as far as I'm concerned, I'm out of the woods!  The
rest is just a nice long hike.  :-)

Thank you gentlemen.  And thank you to the LIST for providing the forum.

Jonny

///