[G4] Booting MDD G4 to OS 9.2.2 from OSX 3.9

Harlow, Virginia (V.L.) vharlow at ford.com
Wed Oct 3 06:22:15 PDT 2007

I had a similar problem and posted here a while back, but didn't get a
response.  In my circumstance, someone I found on this list guided me
thru setting up a second hard drive on my G4 400Mhz.  We put the OSx3.9
on the new hard drive that formatted to 128GB.  I did a fresh load of OS
9 on the older 10GB.  I was able to toggle between the two operating
systems at start up with no problem.  Then, one day, at start up when I
selected the drive with OS9, the computer hangs-up and never boots from
that disc.  If I restart and select the drive with OSX, no problem.

I'm sure many people need to boot both operating system. Maybe someone
knows of a website that trouble shoots these types of issues.  Any
advise would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Virginia Harlow vharlow at ford.com | Business Phone: 313.39.02936 | Cell:
586.945.8606 |