[G4] New hard drive

Kathi Anderson kathialexis at cox.net
Thu Oct 4 22:28:26 PDT 2007

SNIP

The seller said there were no trays for the hard drives. I am not sure how I

will get those...maybe buy another junker.

Have you verified that this IS true? The additional single drive mounting
sleds are not always apparent to the novice user since they look just like
the inside bottom of the chassis they are mounted on. Also, one type of sled
is a tandem sled and will mount a second drive right above the first one.
That gives you at least one additional drive mounting location if this type
of sled in inside the chassis.

If true, Apple Stores can order you as many mounting sleds as you need. You
just have to be willing to pay their price. Or, you can do a search for the
sleds on eBay or Craig's List.

Thanks. I am waiting to receive it to check. You are correct about mistaking
them for missing. I ordered a Digital Audio without hard drives a year ago
and the brackets are rather inconspicuous.

Kathi