[G4] New hard drive

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Thu Oct 4 01:52:00 PDT 2007

On 3 Oct, 2007, at 20:36, Kathi Anderson wrote:

> The seller said there were no trays for the hard drives. I am not
> sure how I
> will get those...maybe buy another junker.

Have you verified that this IS true? The additional single drive
mounting sleds are not always apparent to the novice user since they
look just like the inside bottom of the chassis they are mounted on.
Also, one type of sled is a tandem sled and will mount a second drive
right above the first one. That gives you at least one additional
drive mounting location if this type of sled in inside the chassis.

If true, Apple Stores can order you as many mounting sleds as you
need. You just have to be willing to pay their price. Or, you can do
a search for the sleds on eBay or Craig's List.