[G4] New hard drive

Thomas Brooks mos125 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 3 12:20:00 PDT 2007

Look here for ram
<http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?
sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&_trksid=m37&satitle=g4+mac+ram+512mb&sacat
=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=
-1%26saslc%3D2&sabfmts=1&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3
D1&fgtp=>. I have bought 3 512mb chips from 3 different vendors. I
checked their feedback, return and DOA policies and double checked
shipping charges. I am now running 1-Crucial 256mb  with the 3-512mb
chips.

I have 2-256mb chips that I pulled from my G4 AGP Graphics machine when
I added the 512mb chips.
E-mail outside the list if you want more information. If anyone else is
interested let me know.

I am also running an 80Gb  and 160Gb (Recognized as 128Gb) in the
machine and a 250Gb in a firewire external enclosure (recognized as
250Gb). All are Seagate HD's. I have never had the first trouble with
any of them. 80Gb is about 6 years old, 160Gb about 3 years old and 250
Gb less than a year old. I paid around $50.00 each for them on sale.

TB