[G4] Upgraded to 10.4.10 and now it won't shut down

Steve Adams adamss99 at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 3 14:00:50 PDT 2007

First thing I would do is look at Activity Monitor after shutting
down and see which program is not responding. Try doing a Forced Quit
on that program from the Activity Monitor. Usually this resolves my
problem forever.

Next I would check and repair permissions.

After all that, if there are still problems, try reinstalling the
last upgrade. The upgrade should go faster since it sees it has
already been installed and only tries to install missing or corrupt
files.

No need to reinstall any applications, the upgrades won't effect them.

Steve Adams