[G4] Upgraded to 10.4.10 and now it won't shut down

JayB FromJay at joimail.com
Wed Oct 3 17:22:40 PDT 2007

Sound advice Steve. Although the Activity Monitor didn't seem to tell
me anything (and it shuts down the moment I hit the Shutdown
command).   Of course I had already done permissions and the whole
Disk Warrior v4 on it without any luck.

So I did an 'archive and install' of 10.4 and the problem appeared to
be cured. I then downloaded the combo update of 10.4- 10.4.8 (instead
of reinstalling 10.4.10) and everything  appears to be back to normal
(although I was prompted by Photoshop to a partial reinstall for a
couple of missing files).  I don't think I'll run the 10.4.10 on this
machine.  I've gotten great service from it but I'll have to
surrender to the Intel Mac soon as much of the new pro-photo software
is geared for it and runs slow even on my relatively new G4 1.67ghz
powerbook.

Thanks to all who pitched in with suggestions.  It really would be an
8-10 hr project to start from scratch.  I run my whole studio on this
computer.

Best,

~Jay