[G4] Crawling Finder

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Thu Oct 4 10:40:03 PDT 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

Sargents there is a flag that can get set that tells the OS not to
display anything on the desktop. I don't know where the flag is located
in the core operating system but, if you have "TinkerTool" there is a
check-box under the Finder-tab that says "Use the Desktop" which needs
to be checked, other wise almost nothing shows up on the desktop.

There are other utilities that provide the same option, so if you don't
have "TinkerTool" but some one of the various system utilities, like 1.
Cocktail, 2. MacJanitor, 3. OnyX, 4. MOX Optmize, then check them out
and see if they have the "Hide the Desktop" feature.