[G4] Crawling finder update

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Sat Oct 6 23:49:23 PDT 2007

On 5 Oct, 07, at 6:02 PM, The Sargents wrote:

> Does anybody know how to boot into an external Firewire drive-
> either OS 9 or OS X?)

In OS-9, I have used the keyboard combination of Command-Option-Shift-
Delete all held down during the boot procedure. This forces the
machine to boot to any valid system folder that is connected to the
computer, CD disk, USB or FireWire (as long as the machine is capable
of booting to that particular type of case)  external hard drive or
CD/DVD case instead of booting to the internal hard drive.

In OS-X, I hold down the Option key during the boot procedure. This
brings up every valid system folder that is attached and in a
compatible case. Then click on the system folder you want to use and
press the forward button to finish the boot procedure in that OS.