[G4] Power Mac G4 Hard Drive installation info request

cecilhal at netzero.net cecilhal at netzero.net
Sun Oct 7 12:54:41 PDT 2007

Hi Ronald. Appreciate your response.  I purchased the drive from a power seller on ebay. The seller stated the following in the listing:
To ensure Mac OS compatibility and for your peace of mind, drive has been Initialized and tested perfectly with installed Macintosh OS, Apple Drive Setup, and TechTool Utility For faster and greater performance we have fitted this 80 pin drive with a fully tested standard 50 pin SCSI connector and made it backward compatable with SCSI-1 and SCSI-2. Let us know after the auction if you need 68 pin connection. So, since the drive already has an OS This mean that all I really need now is the specific adapter PCI card and ribbon to connect it to the motherboard. Can you direct me to a website (provide a link) where I can purchase these items? If you find such a site I'd appreciate a link directly to the products instead of the store's main web address. I would not know what I am looking for. Thanks in advance.
Cecil