[G4] Power Mac G4 Hard Drive installation info request

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Sun Oct 7 16:26:03 PDT 2007

If it's a G4 it takes ATA drives. As mentioned the connectors are on
the motherboard and if it doesn't have the cable it is a standard
item in stores.
You can get a SCSI card if there is some reason for YOU to use a SCSI
drive, but for the boot  drive at least, you want the regular  ATA
drive like they sell everywhere.
And the SCSI info that you posted as relevant to your drive and it's
connection was relevant years ago. There are NO SCSI connectors in
G4's and forcing it to eat SCSI for breakfast is just more trouble
than it is worth.