[G4] Re: WInd Tunnel Getting Louder

Inga Renault wolfiebear at coldreams.com
Sun Oct 7 22:42:02 PDT 2007

My gosh...not easily visible, but mine were compacted with dust. The
sound is still loud, but I wil try and see if blowing out anything
else helps.

Somebody suggested redoing the heat sink since my MDD 866 had gotten
so loud. I know for a fact that the person who replaced  this
processor puts on very little silver compound.  If I am going to take
it apart, is that definetly the way to go? On my old B+W G3s, I used
to now worry too much and goobered things on, swapping the processors
without blinking an eye, but on the newer machines, the heat sinks
are so much bigger and I don't know much about them. Is and extremely
thin film the way to go for sure?

Thanks,
Inga