[G4] Power Mac G4 Hard Drive installation info request

cecilhal at netzero.net cecilhal at netzero.net
Mon Oct 8 11:51:57 PDT 2007

John, appreciate your response.  Here is the drive info you asked for.
DRIVE SPECIFICATIONS:Model: SEAGATE Barracuda, 1.5" Height HH, Ultra-2 SCSI Formatted Capacity: 50 GigaByte Rotational speed: 7200 RPM (fast!) Buffer Size: 1024KB/4096KB (Optional) EXTERNAL TRANSFER RATE: 40 Sync mbyte/sec INTERNAL TRANSFER RATE: 120 to 190 mbits/sec Overage seek time: 7.9 ms Latency (average): 417 ms Height (inches/mm): 1.65 inch/42.01mm Width (inches/mm): 4 inch/ 101.6 mm Depth (inches/mm): 5.75 inch/146 mm Weight (lbs/kg): 2.0/0.91 To ensure Mac OS compatibility and for your peace of mind, drive has been Initialized and tested perfectly with installed Macintosh OS, Apple Drive Setup, and TechTool Utility For faster and greater performance we have fitted this 80 pin drive with a fully tested standard 50 pin SCSI connector and made it backward compatable with SCSI-1 and SCSI-2. Let us know after the auction if you need 68 pin connection
Look at Joe's post.  He upload a picture of his hard drive pin.  My old drive has the same number of pins.  Incase you're interested.  Here is the item number for the drive I purchased from an ebay seller.  Take a look at the picture.  Later today I will take close-ups of the SCSI drive/adapter.  Item number: 170143286944
Cecil