[G4] Power Mac G4 Hard Drive installation info request

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 08:47:59 PDT 2007

Cecil,

I took a look at that eBay item. I still don't know
what the model number of the SEAGATE Barracuda hard
drive is. You should be able to read it off the label.

Really I think you bought the wrong thing since it has
a 50 pin converter, which is obviously intended for
the retro crowd (not much of a crowd these days)
running really old SCSI based Macs (BTW I do that
also: have a Quadra 950 or two :-).

If you really want to use this drive to it's maximum
then you should go back to the eBay seller and ask him
if you could swap your 50pin converter for a 68pin
one. Then you have to start looking for a suitable PCI
card, cable and terminator.

John

--- "cecilhal at netzero.net" <cecilhal at netzero.net>