[G4] Adding a Western Digital 160HD

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Mon Oct 8 17:36:34 PDT 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

Sure John, it's easy, when you bring up "Disk Utility" click on help
and then in the help box type "Partition" and you get the help menu for
Partitioning a drive, some of which I've included below. However you
will be required to reformat the drive, so if you have any information
on the disk it will be wiped clean.

	1 	Start up your computer from a Mac OS X Install CD or an external
hard disk with a System folder.
	2 	Open Disk Utility, located in Applications/Utilities. (If you start
up from a Mac OS X Installer CD, choose Installer > Open Disk Utility.)
	3 	Select the disk that you want to partition in the left column .
	4 	Click Partition.
	5 	Choose the number of partitions from the Volume Scheme pop-up menu.
	6 	Click each partition and type a name for it, choose a format, and
type a size (you can also drag the partitions to change the size).
	7 	Select the option to Install Mac OS 9 Drivers if you will use the
partition as a Mac OS 9 startup disk. (You do not need Mac OS 9 drivers
to use Classic.)
	8 	Click Partition, then click Partition again.