[G4] Power Mac G4 Hard Drive installation info request

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Tue Oct 9 19:59:05 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 19:36 -0400, Michael Koch wrote:
> Put It i n you will have no problems:
> I have 3 (500Gb) and a 750Gb in my G4 1.25
> set the HD to cable select; install in the carrier;
> format and use: that is all

Do let's try to keep these two threads apart.

> > On Oct 9, 2007, at 11:24 AM, John Niven wrote:
> >
> >> Definitely NOT that drive. That drive is 500Gb and
> >> ATA/100.
> >>
> >> John

Cecil, it would be good if you could find us the model number of the
drive and let us know. Either way, though, I'm pretty sure that a SCSI
card like mine (one with ultra-wide SCSI and the older SCSI-2 interface)
will support your drive, either with or without that included adapter.
Did you get a cable with the drive?

Eric