[G4] Power Mac G4 Hard Drive installation info request

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 02:45:30 PDT 2007

Eric,

though we don't know the model number, it's an SCA 80
pin hard drive and therefore WILL need an adapter of
some kind in order to work from a cable.

It has a 50pin adapter but the eBay seller offered a
69pin if requested after the auction. That's why I
suggested the Cecil go back to the seller and see if
he can swap his 50pin for a 68pin.

If he retains his 50 pin adapter then the maximum
transfer rate is 20Gb/s which looks a bit sick
compared with the built-in ATA at 66Gb/s. It would be
cheaper and faster for Cecil to buy a new ATA drive
and write the SCSI up to experience.

John