[G4] Seagate hard drive Installation

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 17:08:46 PDT 2007

When you touch the metal chassis, you equalize the
stored charge. So there is no potential difference
between you and the case, so no discharge can occur.

It does not matter if it's plugged in or not from this
point of view. I would recommend that you unplug the
machine before doing anything inside.

Touch the Chassis. Use ESD bags to store PCI cards,
CPU's or RAM. If you don't have them use Aluminum foil
(baking foil).

John