[G4] question

Phil Crowe cawcawster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 18:34:19 PDT 2007

Quicksilver CPUs will run on Digital Audios for sure (running a dual 800MHz
on mine) and also Sawtooth and Gigabit models. They will run slower on the
100MHz busses, unless you are daring enough to overclock (change the bus
multiplier) and also the L3 cache on the QS CPUs that have it will not be
enabled. Also, you have to run an additional power line because of the
change from a four-post to a three-post support. Go here for more info -

<http://forums.xlr8yourmac.com/action.lasso?-database=faq.fp3&-layout=FaqLis
t&-response=answer.faq.lasso&-recordID=33837&-search>

Also, you might want to browse the CPU upgrade forum for Apple CPU while
you're there.