[G4] MDD L2, L3 cache switch off at startup. Does it matter?

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Fri Oct 12 12:18:44 PDT 2007

Ohh, well, I thought we were talking about using a newer Apple CPU
module in an older machine. If that's all factory original, seems like
some kind of PRAM type issue. Those instructions that were posted
earlier in the list about command-option-o-f and then typing in some
statements to clear settings would seem prudent.

If it is, however, the case of a newer CPU in an older machine, as I'm
pretty sure someone on the list asked about, that could have some
unexpected results. One possibility for that scenario might be getting
your hands on third-party cache control software, such as that from CPU
upgrade makers.

Am I very confused right now?

Eric