[G4] Could the problem be a weak power supply?

Jay E. Krauss, Jr. jekrauss at charter.net
Wed Oct 17 04:08:19 PDT 2007

	As the owner of two MDDs, I can attest to increased internal
temperature becoming a problem over time. If you wish to keep an eye
on what the temperature is, I would suggest downloading and
installing Temperature Monitor Lite (free) or Temperature Monitor
(shareware) from http://www.bresink.com/osx/TemperatureMonitor.html
	My personal suggestion would be to rule out elevated
temperature as the culprit before investigating the power supply.
(Check the shield just behind the lower front grill and see if it has
become filled with dust. If that doesn't fix the problem, adding a
PCI slot fan may help.)
	If you don't have the CHUD 3.5.2 preference pane installed, I
would suggest that, also. It balances processor power against use, so
processors aren't running at full speed (and heat production) unless
needed. [More recent CHUD versions do not offer this option; the file
is free, but hidden in Apple's Developer section]
Jay E Krauss Jr