[G4] WD ATA drive problem

Fabio Paciucci fabiopaciucci at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 21 21:47:27 PDT 2007

Greetings,

I have a G4 Quicksilver Dual800 1.5 GB SDRAM, running on Mac OS  10.4. I installed a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, and added an internal drive ATA WDC WD2500JB 250GB to the IBM 38GB that came with the MAC.  I installed Tiger to the new drive, and even if I set it up as a 'slave' drive, it seemed to be running as 'master.'  Everything was running fine, but after I downloaded an iTunes update, was unable to re-start the computer, it wouldn't boot up.  The only way was to hold down power+alt+p+del  Once in, I realized that now, the other -IBM- drive was running the applications, and even if my stuff is still there, I have to manually access every one of my files, I created before the fact from the users folder into the WD drive.  Of course, the applications I installed why operating the WD drive need to be re-installed.  Now the WD drive tells me I only 3.64 GB available in the volume, which I know it is not possible.  What should I do get the drive back to its capacity? I backed up all my information, and probably I should re-install the operating system, but I also want to avoid this from happening again.  Any clue to what happened & suggestions?
Thanks