[G4] Quicksilver cpu upgrade

Igor Bustos i.bustos at sarenet.es
Mon Sep 17 02:04:10 PDT 2007

I´m not sure about this, but I think that in DTT the content is
encoded by the broadcaster, and the tunner just pass the stream to
the PowerMac. So, the "job" is only when decoding it (would know when
my 9800 arrives, as it is core image compatible and elgato uses "core
image"). So, for recording, I should only need a good fast hdd.

I think too, that the 7448 is the one to go, but to have a dual is
something that sounds "cool" :)

Thx