[G4] Quicksilver cpu upgrade

Phil Crowe cawcawster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 02:50:15 PDT 2007

FYI, Newertech makes a 1.7GHz 7448 Dual CPU ($600 US) and also a 1.8 GHz
Dual CPU ($700). I think this is about twice the price of the single CPUs
and maybe a $50 premium (or more) above the dual 7447s. I considered getting
the 1.7 GHz dual CPU myself, but decided to keep my vehicles legal & running
instead.

Also, the Elgato software and/or hardware is for converting the TV signal to
Mpeg2 or Mpeg4 or some such format for recording and playback. Isn't this
what you are doing? Or are you just viewing?