[G4] Mirror Drive on/off Button - Prone to Failure?

jonny g4 at salemoregon.com
Mon Sep 17 12:37:16 PDT 2007

A new project:

I have a mirror drive, 1.25 dual MDD that I plan to use as my main machine.

I'm having trouble getting the on/off switch on the mirror drive to
turn it on every time.

I can feel a subtle click (most of the time), but often, it won't
turn on.  Right now I'm stuck.  I cannot get the MDD to turn on at
all.  The machine has power.  And a new power supply.  OSX hardware
utility tests 'Passed' all hardware components.

Just finished cloning one machine to the other.  Running OSX 3.9.
Cannot restart MDD with switch button.

Is it possible the switch is the problem?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Jonny