[G4] G4 QS 2002 improvements (1st post)

Charles Williams chux at aapt.net.au
Sat Sep 22 20:07:32 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Until recently I have been using a PB Wallstreet G3 300 and OS9,
which gives you an idea of where I'm coming from!

I have upgraded to a G4 QS 2002 800/256/40/CDR... and I want to add
more RAM, HD capacity and a DVD burner. I'll be running OSX10.4, and
having a close look at 10.5 when it comes out.

My main uses are email, word processing and surfing the net. I also
want to store my CD collection (600+ CDs) in FLAC format on a large
HD.

I also have a (spare) graphite base station that I would like to use
in place of buying an airport card (is this a go-er?)

What would experienced G4 users suggest?

I would prefer buy secondhand to keep costs down!

Thanks,

Charles
--

"The question is", said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so
many different things."