[G4] FW: Lost LaCie external HD and more

Joe glynn696 at aol.com
Sun Sep 23 12:06:41 PDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: "Joseph Glynn" <jglynn40 at sprintpcs.com>
To: G4 at listserver.themacintoshguy.com; "Joe GLYNN" <glynn696 at aol.com>
Sent: 9/23/07 1:52 PM
Subject: Lost LaCie external HD and more

Hello,
I'm new to the group, but I'm in desperate need of help.

I Have a:
Power Mac G4      (EMC#1096)
Ethernet ID: 0003996CB404
PMG4 1 GHZ DP/2M CACHE/512MB SDRAM (I added a extra 512SDRAM hopefully OK)/80GB HD DVD-R/CDRW/NV17 Dual/56K MDM/GIGE
(As seen threw the eyes of a guy with bifocals)

Operation System: OS X 10.4.10
Processor: Dual 1 GHz Power PC G4
2 MB L3 cache per processor
Memory: 1 GB SDRAM

If it helps, my doors are not mirrored or the case is not blue, the sides are silver with clear plastic handles and the front is a flat gray color.

Problem 1:
 When the computer is not shut down properly(from a lock up or power outage), I can't find my external HD (LaCie 200gb) that is hooked up with a fire wire. I have found it in the past using Diskwarrior from Alsoft, but no I can't find it using that software anymore.
 I can see it when I use the Application/utilities/ Disk Utility.app, but when I click on it, it says the smart status is not Supported.

Problem 2:
(Which might be part of problem 1)
 My G4's memory is really full, and my printer and OS9 were not working. So in one of my attempts to fix it myself I started deleting old files that were really big. I thought I was doing good until I went to open I-cal/Address book and they were not there anymore. I have all my old disks from my up grades, Tiger, Panther etc. I'm not sure what to do next. I have a copy of my cal/address book on my Sprint 6700 that I was syncing up everyday using Markspace software.

SOS from a guy who is trying his best.
Joe