[G4] upgrade cpu g4? os9

bill ritchey britchey11 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 30 16:34:33 PDT 2007

cinestream doesn't like 9.2.  it will edit captured video but it  won't capture nor play out via fire wire.it doesn't even run stable on  9.2  its a very fast rendering dv editor that resembles avid. it  can work with dual processers in 9.1.
  thanks, i think that you are right and i'll look into it a some more.

Eric Wood <ewood at izoom.net> wrote:  W hat are you using that wouldn't run under 9.2.2? Is there no update
for that program?

I believe that an upgrade that works with 9.2 would also work with 9.1.
Unfortunately, I haven't tested this with my own configuration, though
with mine, the instructions say that OS 9's (any version)
multi-processing extensions are incompatible with my CPU upgrade (a dual
9447A).

I think if you're upgrading to a single G4, however, you'll have no
issues.

Eric