[G4] G4 Noise.

Robb McDonald jeepxj97 at durango.net
Sun Apr 6 19:22:40 PDT 2008

I just replaced my main fan on my early QS a couple of weeks ago with the
following:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835191005

SilenX  IXP-34-16

It is so quiet now, I can hardly believe it.  It took all of 2 minutes to
do.  I wish I would have done it years ago.

It runs much cooler now also.  I run it hard with upgraded processor,
upgraded video card, 2 hard drives, full memory, all PCI slots full.  I
stream, edit pics, game etc and have had no problems.  It runs 24/7.In fact,
I have unplugged the fan to the processor heat sink to see how hot it gets.
So far so good.