[G4] USB HUB

Lizandro Ezrre lizandro at gci.net
Mon Apr 7 12:23:03 PDT 2008

    Say has anybody have trouble with USB hubs, I have a nice one
from IOGear that doesn't seem to be registering after I've upgraded
to Tiger, my USB hub worked fine in Panther, now it doesn't show up,
I've Emailed Tech support at Apple, they're suppose to get back to
me, but haven't yet.  I've been to IOGear Tech, they actually got it
working for a bit, until I downloaded the lasted Security Update, we
got this hub to work in my Apple Pro Key connection, than after the
Security download it didn't work, I've told Apple they need to look
into this.  This hub doesn't show up behind in the back of my G-4 the
only place I got it to work is in my Apple Pro Key connection, that
doesn't work anymore, does anybody have a fix, thanks for any help.

     Some more information the Tech person for G-4's at Apple was
saying the reason it doesn't work in the back is the connection back
there is only 1.1 fast, I asked her why it was working in my Apple
Pro Key, she said that was a fast connection plug 2.0, this doesn't
make sense to me, because my Apple Pro Key is connected to the back
of my G-4.  To let everybody know what I've done to see if it well
show up,  I've Unplugged all connections, Restarted, tried all
connections, nothing seems to work, thanks again.