[G4] Continued problems with old G4!

Harry Freeman gifutiger at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 18:59:08 PDT 2008

Greetings ( + )!( + )

Have you taken a look at the log files, there should be an indication
in the log as to why TextEdit is returning an error message, more than
just unexpectedly quit.

Next if you only have a 10GB drive and are running 10.2.8 plus other
applications then I would suspect that you are out of working space on
the drive. I'm sure that you realize "Virtual Memory" is disk space
memory, and OSX needs free disk space just to operate and it uses a
lot of "Virtual Memory" for most application that are loaded into
active "RAM" memory.

Open "Active Monitor" and check how much free disk space is available.

Best regards,

Harry