[G4] Gifted with a G4/500

OBrien bco at hiwaay.net
Mon Apr 28 06:55:08 PDT 2008

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 23:21:51 -0400, Christina Samuels wrote:
> I think I've read that these computers can  have sleep/wake
problems; are such things generally hard to fix? I guess it's hard
to really answer that without actually knowing what's wrong with it.

Without knowing what's happening with it, this might be a possible help:

To answer some other questions:
*This computer does have DVD-RAM, so I'm guessing Tiger won't be a
problem, should I get to that point.

Tiger works fine on it. If you want to use any OS9 apps, install 9.2.2 and Tiger.

*It doesn't have USB 2.0 built in. That would be nice. I wouldn't
mind keeping my iTunes library on this computer...if it works!

iTunes will work on it OK. I think you can add a USB2 card if you want.

O'Brien