[G4] os help

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Tue Apr 29 17:01:50 PDT 2008

On Apr 29, 2008, at 6:55 PM, bill ritchey wrote:
> so my g4 is running slow and the hard drive is making
> a noise whenever i move the mouse.
> if it were an os 9 machine, i would clean up the desk
> top files and it would be fine. is there something to
> do to x when it is running slow?  thanks b

Others have addressed the slow part.  I use OnyX also.

But about the hard drive noise whenever you move the mouse.  Can this
be due to cache overload or to cron jobs not being done?

I have never experienced that with OS X, and I don't believe I ever
heard it with previous OSs and Systems, back to System 7.  In any
case, is the hard drive sound a normal sound such as when you know it
is busy looking for data or storing it?

Al Poulin