[G4] os help

Harry Freeman gifutiger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 17:28:24 PDT 2008

Greetings ( + )!( + )

If you disk is being accessed when you move you mouse it sounds like
you are low on memory/swap space.
Open your "Activity Monitor" (you'll find it in you "application/
Utilities folder.

After you have opened the activity monitor click on the Disk Usage tab
an see how much disk space is being used.
Then click on the System Memory tab to see how memory is being used.
Pay particular attention to the one called VM size.
The VM memory size should be fairly large, say more than 4-5Gb's
Unix runs real slow when the virtual memory is very small.