[G4] Spinning Beachball

jonny g4 at salemoregon.com
Fri Aug 15 05:56:35 PDT 2008

Hello Dan.  I have an MDD 1.25 mhz FW400 running OS 10.3.  At any
sign of trouble (extremely rare) or as part of my pre-backup routine,
I run DiskWarrior for OSX.  I used it for OS 9, for years.  The first
thing I did when I installed OSX was get this utility.  It's about
$100 retail.  Maybe available for less on ebay, etc.  There may be
other pieces of software that do the same thing; my experience and
confidence is with this one.  You boot from the disk (takes about 5
minutes).

If nothing else, running it would rule out that the system was
involved.  At least in my way of thinking.

Hope this is helpful.  Best wishes.

jonny

///